There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK. Dementia Action Week runs from the 17th to the 23rd of May 2021, and is a campaign to improve the lives of individuals living with dementia.
This year, as part of the campaign, Portishead Dementia Friendly Communities are running a number of events. If you care for someone with dementia, want your business to be more dementia friendly, or simply want to know more about dementia, take a look what's going on in Portishead below.
- Friday 21st May – 11am— 1pm Drop in/chat. The Poacher Pub, High St Come and find out what we do and ask any questions.
- Friday 21st May 10am—2pm Book sale Old Mill Pub Car Park High St
- Saturday 22nd May – 10am – 3pm Plant and book sale Galingale way
- Sunday 23rd May 10am – 3pm Plant and book sale Lido Café
- Sunday 23rd May 1.30pm Coffee and a walk (optional) Lido Café
If you would like to find out more about Portishead Dementia Friendly Communities, please contact either Brenda or Isobel at email@example.com or call 07399714981
You can also download their events poster by clicking the pink 'Download' button below
If you'd like to share your feedback on health and social care services, click the pink 'Talk to us' button below.