Here are some reminders to help ensure everyone has access to the medication they need. The message is: be considerate towards others by not over-ordering medication.
Advice from Avon Local Pharmaceutical Company is:
- Don’t bulk order, bulk buy – or order items just in case – it’s important so the most vulnerable people can get what they need
- Don’t expect to pick up your prescription from the pharmacy for at least 5 to 7 days after ordering
- Don’t over order medications – e.g. if you are currently receiving medication at monthly intervals, this should continue – if everyone gets six months supply now, there would be a huge supply problem
- Don’t order medications just in case e.g. inhalers – these should only be requested when there is a clinical need, not as an emergency supply
- Don’t panic buy over the counter items such as paracetamol. There will be enough for everyone if people don’t purchase more than they need
- Don’t bulk buy other items such as soap, hand gel, toilet rolls etc (as above).