Our volunteers spread the word about Healthwatch North Somerset’s work and help provide a truly local health and social care monitoring service giving people the opportunity to inform and improve health and social care services. We will look forward to engaging the views of a sometimes hard to reach group of people, often isolated in their homes, to ask their views and experiences of services they have used.
Healthwatch North Somerset’s statutory duty and remit is to provide a voice for people who use health and adult social care services, by:
- Giving People opportunity to have a say about their local health and social care service, including those whose voice isn’t usually heard.
- Taking public views to the people who make decisions – including having a representative on the Health and Wellbeing Board.
- Feeding issues back to government via Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Providing information about health and social care services in the local area. Advising people on where to go for specialist help or information (signposting).
- Helping people make choices and decisions about their care.
- Working closely with other groups and organisations in the local area.
By offering all people of North Somerset a strong voice we will improve the quality of local health and social care today and for the future.